Sign in to follow this  
swiss

Advanced? Seriously?

swiss

You've got some nerve rolling out an "advanced" version of a product that is so severely lacking the most basic functionality and still so severely bug-ridden. Until now I kept hanging on, hoping Domotz would eventually come anywhere near to deserving the "Pro" moniker. I guess it's time to cut the losses and look elsewhere for a real network monitoring solution for small to medium networks. I like Fing, but I don't really trust it any longer, knowing it comes from the same stable. I can't even begin to describe the extent of my disappointment. At least I still only have two test installations. There is no way I could deploy this to any of my customers and charge them with a straight face. And frankly, I can't see it being ready for prime time anytime in the foreseeable future. Very sad, but that's how it is. In the brief time Domotz was in the picture, my initial enthusiasm was worn down to nothing, being replaced by mounting frustration at all the limitations, idiosyncrasies, omissions and bugs. 

• Upvote 1

J.B.

Hello Max,  Based on your post here, there must be some confusion about what Domotz has attempted to do here.   The intent was to simplify the way in which our customers use Domotz.   Domotz has been developed as a service for you as an integrator or network manager to be able to remotely manage and monitor systems you deploy.   We believe that the two service models we offer here meet many goals for the integration markets we are attempting to serve.

Can you provide the community here with some of your thoughts on what is "severely lacking".   We are also open to hearing what in our product you view as "severely bug-ridden".   Without concrete examples it is difficult for us to improve.   I have read your other posts and appreciate some of the constructive input.  I can assure you that your input on those posts have been put into our backlog of items and are being prioritized appropriately.   I know that Silvio and team have interacted directly with you and appreciate your input.

Please do let us know a list of requirements/features that would allow us to utilize the "pro moniker".   I'm very interested in the communities input on this.

Regards,

JB