allsystemsgo

RTI Support

allsystemsgo

Hey guys, any plans to support RTI control processors and possible their ZW9 zwave controllers?

• Upvote 1

Giancarlo

Not in the short term. But plans might change. In case we will proactively contact you.

Sjfran

RTI support on this would be amazing, I guess it would need to be some sort of VPN tunnel. 

Giancarlo

Well, we haven't done direct tests with RTI. But I guess the Open TCP can be used to remotely connect to RTI control processor, in the same way it is currently possible with Savant, Crestron, Lutron, Contro4, and more... we have guides for those control systems, but not yet had a chance to perform a test on an RTI system.

• Upvote 1

Springs

Here is the RTI info.

Its service for RTI Panel talks on port 4110. Monitoring this port lets me know when the RTI processor locks up.

Port 80 is used for the diagnostics page and USUALLY goes off line when the processor is locked up.

ICMP can be used to monitor the processors... but they continue to respond to pings EVEN AFTER A COMPLETE LOCK UP.

AS for updating a system remotely... there are 2 ports required... 5053 has to be forwarded to the DEVICE BEING UPDATED and 5056 has to be forwarded to the computer SENDING THE UPDATE. (THIS ABSOLUTELY SUCKS, and is the reason I have to use VPNs to send updates to systems remotely.) Its also BS to have to keep changing ports in the router to forward to each RTI device before you can send to it.