Sign in to follow this  
schumaku

QTS 4.2.0 20150919/0925 SMB Build (New Storage Manager) Overflow Issue

schumaku

FWIW: On QTS 4.2.0 20150919 [SMB Build, stable, released] or QTS 4.2.0 20150925 [SMB Build, RC5], there can be an issue that the Storage Manager does show just tiny rotators where some size information should show up. This can render the NAS storage management (RAID, storage pools) not fully workable. The cause are QPKG taking more space than common - this is the case for the Domotz Agent (either alone, or in combination with much more installed QPKGs).

Challenge QNAP Customer service for QTS 4.2.0 20151016 (or newer) intermediate build if you are experiencing this issue.

Happy Weekend!

-Kurt.

Storage_Manager_Volume-LUN_Rotators_only

Edited by schumaku

Giancarlo

Thanks Shumaku for the notification...

We are currently storing domotz logs under the QPKG subfolders. At the moment it might take some space, which additionally to other packages installed on the QNAP can result in the QTS issue you experienced.

We are applying a stronger policy on retention of logs, and staring from next version of Domotz Agent, the logs will be much less.

At the moment, feel free to make some free space on the /var/log/domotz folder (which is actually a symbolic link to the QPKG domotz log folder).

Thanks,

G

Edited by Giancarlo

ColeGM

I think that's what caused mine to take over 45 minutes to install (was stuck at 75%). Hopefully this will be fixed in later builds of both the Domotz agent and the QNAP firmware (I'm using the 0925 build of QTS 4.2.0)

Giancarlo

Hi ColeGM...

thanks for your feedback, and welcome on board of Domotz Beta Testing.

The installation process takes a while, both on NAS and Raspberry, because during the installation, the package checks for Agent updates on remote server, and install the latest one. This process is as slow as 3-5 minutes, with a good internet connectivity, but it can take much more time if the connectivity is not at the top.

However, thanks for the notification. We will review the setup process in order to speedup the bootstrap during the installation.

I hope you will enjoy the experience with Domotz.

G.  

schumaku

Hello Nic (ColeGM),

Welcome to the Domotz club!

In case you are testing on a QTS SMB version (with the new Storage Manager) like the TS-253 - QNAP has a QTS 4.2.0 20151016 available addressing this issue. Challenge QNAP customer service in case - have no TS-x53 download link available. 

-Kurt.