Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Domenico

Support for managed network switches

jprike

Does anyone have any instructions handy for SNMP on the SG300 and the Cisco Catalyst.

@EricGosh Meraki is awesome - used it for many years.

Silvio

List of requests is getting large. We will start working very soon at the Cisco Catalyst 3560CG, as well as the Ubiquiti ones. Will try and move at a faster pace for this very popular feature.

Regarding few other questions

On 21/10/2016 at 3:51 AM, EricGosh said:

Thanks for the Cisco Catalyst support!
I'd love to see Cisco Meraki supported.  For those of you who haven't had the joy of a single console to manage all of your firewalls, switches, and WiFi APs... 1 click template configuration means it takes longer to unbox than it does to configure.
I wasn't able to find any SNMPv3 instructions.  Is that intentional?

Sorry, Meraki is a bit far away, as they ave their own system. We'll try to integreate though, as soon as we have more resources.

On 12/11/2016 at 2:35 PM, jprike said:

Does anyone have any instructions handy for SNMP on the SG300 and the Cisco Catalyst.

Need to set-up the communities (Read = public, RW=private). By around Christmas we are going to allow using any preferred community string

jprike
5 hours ago, Silvio said:

List of requests is getting large. We will start working very soon at the Cisco Catalyst 3560CG, as well as the Ubiquiti ones. Will try and move at a faster pace for this very popular feature.

Regarding few other questions

Sorry, Meraki is a bit far away, as they ave their own system. We'll try to integreate though, as soon as we have more resources.

Need to set-up the communities (Read = public, RW=private). By around Christmas we are going to allow using any preferred community string

Awesome - thanks!

Atoshi
On 6/26/2016 at 11:34 AM, Will-DSI said:

Meraki Switches, if possible.

Brocade/Foundry switches, specifically FLS648, as I have 4.

Dell Powerconnect.

Netgear GS748T.

Juniper would be nice also.

I can verify that some of the SNMP functions work on Brocade/Foundry campus switches.

The agent seems to be pulling the hostname from my FGS and ICX switches. Brocade uses a standardized MIB across most of our products, so that should make supporting more switches easier. Domotz may be just using the generic RFC MIBs to pull basic information though.

I haven't tested any SNMP Write functions, but for this to work you would need to disable the additional password-authentication check fro RW strings on the switch (this is a security feature enabled by default that requires a separate username/password to be sent along with the RW community when pushing changes).

On 11/12/2016 at 7:35 AM, jprike said:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11726421/how-configure-snmp-sg300-using-cli

Atoshi
On 12/1/2015 at 9:30 PM, Giancarlo said:

As far as it concern standard SNMP data on interface traffic, we are going to support the Netgear as well.

CDP is something which is probably a bit further in the list of features to realize: though it is very very powerful, most of our users do not even know how to configure the discovery protocol.

You should set the SNMP get community to be "public" (default one): at the moment we don't store user passwords anywhere.

The SNMP functionality is on our list of new features to enable in the short term, and we already have a part of that functionality (data gathering). However I don't know exactly when that will be implemented in the front-end (App or WebApp).

When you decide to bite off the CDP project, also consider LLDP. It's standardized and supported across a lot more vendors. It's also supported in Linux and allows hosts to report similar data to the network; not sure how widely that's being leveraged in CE devices.  

Network connected surveillance cameras are starting to use it though, because the LLDP-MED extension allows the camera to negotiate how much PoE power it needs from the switch. 

TokyoIoT

While I don't know what it means for a switch to supported, my Netgear GS110T shows in Domotz to be SNMP enabled. it lists all the ports and the traffic on each port. Unfortunately, it does not show which devices are connected to a port (even a home router can do that :( ). Does this mean the GS110T is not supported? (It is not in the office least). Any plans to add support?

I would like to sugges the ability to add comment section to each port. That would allow to manally add information on which device is connected to a port.

namit

Would love to see support for HP Switches support Aruba 3810M