Sign in to follow this  
Aaronw

Photon from Particle.io not being found

Aaronw

I have a Photon from Particle.io on my LAN and it is not being found by the domotz.  I just reset the Photon and I can command it successfully from my phone and the RESTful interface so it is online on the same LAN segment that the domotz agent is on (on RPi)

Lars

That's odd. I presume it has a properly assigned MAC address? 

The only reason it wouldn't show up that I can think of would be that the Agent can't find it on the network due to something like a duplicate or non-compliant MAC address. 

I'll check with the software team to see if they have any ideas as to what can be going on.

Giancarlo

Hi Aaronw,

thanks for your feedback, and welcome on board as beta tester.

I suppose that the Photon has got an IP on your network. Did you try to ping that device from any computer within the same network?

Best would be to perform a series of tests directly from the Raspberry. Let me know if you are available, and I'll send you few instruction.

Thanks,

Giancarlo

Aaronw

On further investigation looks like I assumed our 2nd laptop was the particle since a quick search of the MAC address indicated that it was used on Lenovos.  The laptop was in the other room and someone was sleeping in there so I couldn't get it to verify the MAC.  On closer inspection the MAC in question was the Particle and the 2nd laptop was actually in hibernate so it wasn't showing up.  But now that I investigate more I can't ping the laptop so let me see if windows 10 has over-firewalled itself for no good reason.

fillibar

Just as a note, I have 4 Photon's that have showed up just fine. They have a Make value of Universal Global Scientific... Shown as Universal in the devices list.

Begs the question... Any chance of an Arduino (Photon compatible) Domotz agent? 

Silvio

Hi Fillibar

For the time being I not sure we can have resources to guarantee proper  support on too many hw platforms...

In any case just want to let you know that we are thinking of distributing a .deb that should make few geek users able to run the agent on any linux debian distribution. I do not know how many people we can target with this, but perhaps someone would like it!