TaylorSystems

Devices Showing Offline when They are Online

TaylorSystems

I have been using Domotz Pro for a couple of months now. I utilize the Domotz Pro software embedded in FingBox on 3 networks that I manage... and I utilize Domotz Pro Agent software (via Domotz provided VM) on 2 networks that I manage.

I have been noticing that (wired) nodes will show Offline in the Web App, but upon checking, those nodes are actually Online and functioning fine.  I have noticed this on computer nodes, printer nodes and even router nodes.

I changed the 'Status' option so that 5 minutes has to go by before a node is considered to be Offline.

What can I check that would have Domotz Pro thinking something is Offline when it is actually Online?

Thanks.

-Larry-

TaylorSystems

Just checking to see if anyone has any feedback for me on this problem.

In summary, I have a client network where, initially, everything looked fine and ONline.

However, after a few days, one computer and the network router always shows OFFline (even though both are online and functioning fine). Restarting them seems to make no difference.

TaylorSystems

A correction to my problem description:

Originally, I stated that a computer and router was reported as OFFline by Domotz when they are actually ONline and working fine...

...the correction is that it is a computer and a HUB (Arlo Hub). 

TaylorSystems

Additional info regarding this problem:

2 networks that I monitor that have the ARLO HUB. One network uses the FingBox and one network uses the VM Domotz agent.

The VM Domotz agent seems to always show the ARLO HUB as Offline when it is actually Onlne and functioning fine within the network.

I am looking for reasons that may explain why the ARLO HUB would show as Offline on the VM Domotz agent.

henriquesalvador

HI @TaylorSystems,

I apologize the delay in responding to this topic.

Every 30 seconds the Agent send an heartbeat to each device in the network. The "heartbeat" is a train of 6 ping messages sent from the Domotz Agent to the end device: 3 ICMP Ping and 3 ARP Ping.

If the device misses answering to all of the ping in the same train, it is marked as Heartbeat Lost, by default after 2 minutes (10 minutes for mobile devices) without responding it is marked as offline.

Maybe something is interfering with the heartbeat between the Agent and the Device? Please send us the MAC Address of the Agent and some examples of devices considered offline that is actually online, we will do some tests. Send it to support@domotz.com.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Henrique Salvador

Domotz Support

giojohn

I am noticing some of the same  except my Portal tells me that the "Yogo Inn" has been offline for 5 hours  but in fact everything is up. I have power cycled the Domotz box yet it still shows as down for x hours.  What can I do?

image.thumb.png.5daccb5a8fb36e0854dd3b7ec4c8b9c1.png

Giancarlo
1 hour ago, giojohn said:

I am noticing some of the same  except my Portal tells me that the "Yogo Inn" has been offline for 5 hours  but in fact everything is up. I have power cycled the Domotz box yet it still shows as down for x hours.  What can I do?

image.thumb.png.5daccb5a8fb36e0854dd3b7ec4c8b9c1.png

Please provide the MAC address of the Domotz Box experiencing that issue to the Support team (support@domotz.com). They will be able to check that.

Make sure the Box is getting a valid IP on the network and it is able to communicate on Internet.

giojohn

Sent the info to support@domotz.com , was checking on the status.

giojohn

One more time, have we found anything yet? 

F4:4D:30:04:EF:20
MAC Address

Giancarlo
On 2/28/2019 at 1:42 PM, giojohn said:

Sent the info to support@domotz.com , was checking on the status.

We haven't received any ticket from your email to our support. Last email from you was Jan 2017. Can you please check if you wrote to support@domotz.com?

Thanks,

Giancarlo

giojohn

Sent it again to the correct email ( I copied and pasted this on the other two)

Giancarlo
10 hours ago, giojohn said:

Sent it again to the correct email ( I copied and pasted this on the other two)

Thanks. I've just sent you a PM.