mydigitalbubble

Delete multiple offline /old devices

mydigitalbubble

Please, please can we have a more friendly / practical way to delete old devices.

At the moment the only practical option is to remove old devices from the inventory individually from a devices main info page.

The alternative - selecting the 'Offline' filter and then 'delete all offline devices' really isn't a practical solution as it requires all the devices you want to keep to be available, onsite and powered up - this is seldom, if ever, practical in any of our deployments - especially for mobile devices of any type.

The solution seems straightforward for both webapp and mobile app;

You already have a multi-item selection checkbox option, please can you add a 'delete device' option to the 'actions' list.

Follow this with a summary of number of items to be removed with confirmation button. Job done.

Hopefully an easy to implement improvement?

Giancarlo
1 hour ago, mydigitalbubble said:

Please, please can we have a more friendly / practical way to delete old devices.

At the moment the only practical option is to remove old devices from the inventory individually from a devices main info page.

The alternative - selecting the 'Offline' filter and then 'delete all offline devices' really isn't a practical solution as it requires all the devices you want to keep to be available, onsite and powered up - this is seldom, if ever, practical in any of our deployments - especially for mobile devices of any type.

The solution seems straightforward for both webapp and mobile app;

You already have a multi-item selection checkbox option, please can you add a 'delete device' option to the 'actions' list.

Follow this with a summary of number of items to be removed with confirmation button. Job done.

Hopefully an easy to implement improvement?

This feature request make sense. We had this already in our roadmap, and I've just added yourself to the list of requester, and raised the priority.

In any case, please note that if you delete ALL OFFLINE DEVICE, as soon as one of those devices come back online, it comes back with the same "customizations" you did already. For example, if you delete a Sonos which you named "Sonos Room A", and set Location "Room A" and also configured some alerts on top of it, as soon as it comes back online after having removed it, it will reappear with the same configuration (  "Sonos Room A", with location "Room A" and alerts configured). I hope this helps in the short term.

mydigitalbubble

Hi Giancarlo,

Thanks for such a prompt update.

Really good to hear this is on roadmap and to understand that deleting all offline devices doesn't remove any of the customisations and that they restore when the device re-appears. My only concern about using this option is the effect on the customer's Violet app - and the perception of the customer when family devices  (not switched on) disappear from view.

thanks again,

Jamie

Giancarlo
16 hours ago, mydigitalbubble said:

My only concern about using this option is the effect on the customer's Violet app - and the perception of the customer when family devices  (not switched on) disappear from view.

This is a true concern and I understand that.

IanTrainorIST

HI

Can you add my vote to this request as well. Really want it. I'd like to be able to set a stale record property i.e auto delete devices not seen in last x days/months

Giancarlo

This is just to update on the status of this request.

We have added the possibility to select multiple devices from the Device List and then delete all the selected one with the "Pick an Action" functionality:

image.png

With regard to the request of automatically delete devices which are offline for more than X months, the easiest way to accomplish that is by using the Domotz Public API.