nmiller0113

Domotz Pro feature parity with Fingbox

nmiller0113

Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing the Domotz Box but I couldn't find anything definitive that covers a line by line comparison of features, especially the security ones, between Domotz Pro and the Fingbox.  I'd like to see where or if there are any differences so I can determine if Domotz Pro is the way to go because some features I may not want to live without.  Thank you in advance for any feedback here!

Silvio

Hi, yes they are two distinct produts meant for different purposes.

Fingbox more for consumer self-troubleshooting. Domotz for professional remote management, monitoring and support of customers.

Also please oe that the Domotz box itself does not have wifi features 

The good news is: if you buy a fingbox, you can also activate Domotz Pro there without buying any additional hardware. If you have already a Fingbox have a try, you can enable Domotz Pro from within the fing app! In this way you can get the best of both.

nmiller0113

Thanks for the update.  The unfortunate part though is the lack of multi VLAN support on the Fingbox.  I know what Domotz has that Fingbox does not...what I'm really wondering, if I cannot get a line by line comparison of features, is what security features does Fingbox have that Domotz does not?  Thanks!

Silvio

As a matter of fact you should see them as two distinct services, that can run also in the same box.

What domotz has hat fingboes does not have, I understand is clear to you.

What Domotz does not have are wifi-specific features. Infact domotz, as an RMM tool is expected to run on wired devices (for instance the Domotz box does not even have a wifi chip).

For anyone that loves both the tools I would definitely recommend to buy a fingbox  (one-off, no subsciption) and then additionally activate a domotz subscription on it.