GeeeKaay

Agent cannot run on Synology DS-918+

GeeeKaay

Hi,

I installed the Domotz agent on my DS918+ a few days ago. Installation was successful; the agent started running; my devices were discovered; and I could access the Domotz portal remotely. My initial impression was that this was an impressive service and I was keen to subscribe as a home user.

Unfortunately, I've run into trouble. First, the agent stopped running without any reason. I was able to run the agent again. It stopped running again after a few hours, and now I can't start the agent. 

Can anyone offer troubleshooting suggestions/assistance. Thanks in advance.

Giancarlo
7 hours ago, GeeeKaay said:

Hi,

I installed the Domotz agent on my DS918+ a few days ago. Installation was successful; the agent started running; my devices were discovered; and I could access the Domotz portal remotely. My initial impression was that this was an impressive service and I was keen to subscribe as a home user.

Unfortunately, I've run into trouble. First, the agent stopped running without any reason. I was able to run the agent again. It stopped running again after a few hours, and now I can't start the agent. 

Can anyone offer troubleshooting suggestions/assistance. Thanks in advance.

A few weeks ago we submitted a new package to Synology team. 

We have a newer Agent package that may work better on this latest version of DSM, and it is for the architecture used by DS918+ (Apollolake). Please uninstall the current package and install the following package manually:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/domotz-temporary/syno/domotz-syno-apollolake-6.1-2.4.3-2.3.1-b001-0064.spk

Let me know if you still have problems after installing the latest package.

GeeeKaay

Thanks for the speedy support!

Are there instructions for manual installation on a Synology box?

I figured out how to install the package. I'll monitor the situation and update you on the forum.

Thanks again.