Bunsen

DS211, Domotz agent not starting on reboot

Bunsen

I'm trialling Domotz using a DS211 agent install. Package installs successfully from Package Center and starts, but upon a system reboot it will not restart automatically. Package Center shows status of 'Stopped' and a 'Run' button to click.

Am currently using Domotz 2.1.4, as offered by the Package Center. DS211 is running DSM 6.2.2-24922.

Was first installed about a week ago on DSM 6.2.1-23824-6 - but when I realised the package was not restarting correctly I removed it, applied the latest DSM patch, and then reinstalled Domotz. This is where I am now.

Giancarlo

Dear Bunsen,

please try the installation of the following package:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/domotz-temporary/syno/domotz-syno-apollolake-6.1-2.4.5-b002-0004.spk

Once installed, if there is no Icon on desktop or the Icon doesn't open the Domotz Web Interface, connect to port 3000 of the Synology itself. For instance if Synology NAS IP is 192.168.5.125, please connect to:

http://192.168.5.125:3000

Please, let us know if you succeed.

Bunsen

Hi Giancarlo - thanks for your prompt reply. I have downloaded the package but my Diskstation refuses to install it - "This package is not supported on the platform or is incompatible with the current DSM version". Upon checking, the DS211 reports a Marvell Kirkwood 88F6282 CPU, do you have an equivalent package for this architecture please?

Thanks.

Edited by Bunsen

Giancarlo

My bad Bunsen. You are correct: DS211 is based on Marvell Kirkwood 88F6282. Unfortunately this is quite an old architecture (x11) and we don't have at the moment an available newer package for that architecture.

My suggestion, if you want to proceed with the trial of Domotz is to install the Domotz agent on a different platform. E.g. you can install on a Windows machine or a Linux one. Alternatively you can get a cheap Raspberry Pi or our Domotz Box (you can find at very reasonable price directly on Amazon).

Again, I apologize for the confusion there.