Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Integration

Sparky

So I have a network that I have deployed at a neighborhood. I have 6 Model homes that are hardwired from house to house with a 2 gig Aggregation. I have 4 other homes that are connected via Point2Point and is interconnected from one townhome to the other. All is good and network connectivity to devices are great and fine. however I have activated the Domotz on my Luxul router and it sees almost everything there are a few devices that are not being seen that are on the P2P network part I have a feeling that has to do with the fact Domotz tracks devices based on Mac addresses and since the stuff that is connected via the point to point it only sees the p2p and some of the other devices idk. The other problem I am having is integration with switches and controllable power plugs and Access points. It works for maybe a third of the devices. it asks you to input the username and password and such. The other devices for some reason arent getting recognized or something and either does give me the ability to "unlock" it or the password fails. More so that it just doesnt show me the option to "unlock" the device. For instance i am using Araknis 210 Partial POE on almost alll the homes that are powering access points and cameras and such. so far i have only been able to "unlock" 3 of them to see the interface tab and same thing goes for the access points and other devices that are on the network, which are mostly Snap AV. Any ideas?

Giancarlo

With regard to the first part, I confirm that the Domotz Agent by default scans on Layer 2 (requiring MAC addresses). You can add a Layer 3 routed subnet (https://domotzpro.tome.host/tc/12743) - see how to "Configurate an External Private Subnet Scan"

With regard to the issues experienced with unlocking devices for further features, best to drop an email to support. We will manage them one by one. 

Sparky

The devices aren’t dummy though they are actually connected to the network. And they are on the same subnet, and everything. The buildings with the devices that are over the point to point are set to static ip and are part of the same up pool as the ones hardwired with the router.