Sign in to follow this  
KevinPerryman

SNMP and HP Printers

KevinPerryman

I have installed Domotz and it is working well.  Now I am trying to take things to the next level by setting up some SNMP eyes on HP Printers.  Specifically I am trying to enable reporting of toner levels.   The HP I have reports each toner cartridge % full with individual OIDs.  I have set the Read and ReadWrite community strings.  I have found the OID's in a master MIB database.  I can query and receive the SNMP results in a stand-alone manager and see the correct %.  In Domotz, I setup an eye with the name of "Black Toner" and entered the OID and set it to numeric.   However, it never displays any values just "--".

OID is ".1.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.1"  I enetered it without the leading . per the Domotz Eyes setup guide so the actual number entered is "1.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.1"

In the Device info I have set the SNMP v2 community string correctly.  Everything else works, except for SNMP.

Any suggestions, assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin Perryman

Giancarlo
On 5/6/2019 at 1:45 PM, KevinPerryman said:

I have installed Domotz and it is working well.  Now I am trying to take things to the next level by setting up some SNMP eyes on HP Printers.  Specifically I am trying to enable reporting of toner levels.   The HP I have reports each toner cartridge % full with individual OIDs.  I have set the Read and ReadWrite community strings.  I have found the OID's in a master MIB database.  I can query and receive the SNMP results in a stand-alone manager and see the correct %.  In Domotz, I setup an eye with the name of "Black Toner" and entered the OID and set it to numeric.   However, it never displays any values just "--".

OID is ".1.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.1"  I enetered it without the leading . per the Domotz Eyes setup guide so the actual number entered is "1.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.1"

In the Device info I have set the SNMP v2 community string correctly.  Everything else works, except for SNMP.

Any suggestions, assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin Perryman

One suggestion that pops in my mind is that the type of that OiD might be a string, rather than a "numeric". Have you tried that?