lgraak

VLANs

lgraak

I know not everyone needs this ability, but I'd love to be able to add VLANs to search. I know most home networks don't use them, but the ability to be able to scan multiple networks would be helpful for those of us who have multiple VLANs. 

Lars

It's something that's being looked into, but it's not likely to be something we'll start working on until next year.

We're going to be running some surveys and you'll have the opportunity to vote for this as one of the features we should implement.

Do keep in mind that this is a consumer focused product though and that some of those features are likely to get priority over something like VLAN support.

annihilatedremedy

+1, looking forward to the ability to search my various home VLANs.  Thanks for the reply, Lars.

System_Error_Message

+1 I think this feature would be very helpful especially with snmp so that it can gain more network information and have a network map. It would be nice if domotz could display a network map of a more complicated network. Another thing is that vlans are used by some ISPs so it helps to be able to see it and also to use it where needed. On more sophisticated routers people forget to secure both the physical interface and the vlan interface.

jamminred

+1 to VLAN support, i have my security cameras on a separate VLAN as well as a few virtual machines segregated from main VLAN

tonynoone

+1 or bump. Just want to add weight to the previous requests for a means of adding devices across VLANs. I personally have four segments on my home network, four on the office network and, oftentimes two-three on client's. 

Giancarlo

VLANs is now a reality (well, actually since a couple of months now). Details on how to configure a Raspberry to support two or more VLANs here: