sk

Orvibo S20 - Cannot Turn Off

sk

I turned on my Orvibo S20 power switch using its domotz config tab, now I cannot turn it off. Each time I do that, it attempts to go "Off", then goes back to the "On" position with the following message:

"    Unable to toggle port 1

The port didn't respond within the expected time."

The S20 switch is actually (physically) turned off each time I attempt to turn it off this way, so maybe the config interface timed out faster than the response. Orvibo's Wiwo app on iPhone shows the correct state of the S20 switch though.

Another observation: I have the S20 switch set to auto off at 10:30pm, scheduled in Wiwo app, but it seems that the domotz "On" setting might have prevented it from going off at the scheduled time last night, so I manually switched it off using Wiwo app. Will monitor further.

Edit: Second issue was due to incorrect timer setting on Wiwo app, please ignore that.

Edited by sk
  • Upvote 1

Lars

Thanks, I've reported this as a bug for the software team to take a look at.

As for the second issue, I've asked them to look into it and see if they can reproduce the problem.

Giancarlo

We had a look at your case, and we found out that the Domotz Agent was stuck in contacting our backend (since 5 AM - UTC). Therefore, as you did already noticed, the command to go "off" was correctly triggered from the App to the Orvibo, but there was no feedback if the power switch changed status.

We have modified the logic slightly to manage the communication with the Orvibo power switches, and applied the change to the Domotz Agent (remote upgrade). You just need to restart the Domotz Agent from your device. On Raspberry Pi you just need to start again the service:

sudo service domotz start

Once started, the Orvibo power switch should be working again.

With regards to your second issue, we are still investigating, but the Domotz Agent does not send commands if they are not triggered by the user: we are passively monitoring the status, unless the user specifically sends the command through the App.

sk

Just an update to say that the problem was fixed by an update to the domotz agent with help provided by Giancarlo. Must say that I'm impressed with the quick responses and problem resolution. Thanks!

Edited by sk
  • Upvote 2

JR1618

I have a S20 socket in a house in the US. I installed it and it worked fine (August 2015). When I changed to our house in Germany I could switch the S20 on and off at first and the timer worked. But after a few weeks it did not react any more (always off). I always get the message "control timeout" when I try to turn it on. Does anybody know how to fix that problem? I already contacted Orvibo support but they do not seem to have a solution.

Silvio

We have bee using S20 for our testing, for almost 6-8 months now. And they look pretty stable. Also one of our users has signalled problems related to their quality, but I'd not exclude something is broken there.

Is the problem with their app only? Did you try operating it from Domotz?

Lars

The only issue I've come across during the testing here is that once the plug disconnected from the Wi-Fi network, but apart from that, it's been working quite well, once you manage to connect it that is. 

Geoff

I have a problem with my ovibo s20 it won't turn off the app says its off .the red light on the s 20 is lit but it still powers the light thats plug in to it .if i turn it on the light goes blue and still powers whatever is plugged in any suggestions

yves

Hello Geoff,

On 5/7/2017 at 3:35 PM, Geoff said:

I have a problem with my ovibo s20 it won't turn off the app says its off .the red light on the s 20 is lit but it still powers the light thats plug in to it .if i turn it on the light goes blue and still powers whatever is plugged in any suggestions

I cannot reproduce your error.

Would you mind trying it again and see if you experience the same issue?

Sincerely,

Yves