Jayce

Delete offline devices after xxx days

Jayce

On one of my sites, I would really love to have the ability to automatically clean my offline device list.

A clean device list after X days offline would be very very useful.

• Like 2

Giancarlo
4 hours ago, Jayce said:

On one of my sites, I would really love to have the ability to automatically clean my offline device list.

A clean device list after X days offline would be very very useful.

This request make sense, and it is already in our backlog of activities/feature requests to be developed. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee at the moment when this will be available.

Anyway, at the moment, a good workaround which might make sense is the following:

- List all the Offline devices

- Sort by last status change

- Mark all (for multiple selection) and remove the ones that just changed status most recently

Once selected the interesting ones use the "Delete selected devices" to remove them all:

image.png

Another possibility is leveraging the Domotz Public API to delete the old devices via scripting:

- Retrieve all the devices under a specific Agent: https://portal.domotz.com/developers/#getdevice 

- Filter the ones Offline for more than X days: look for fields "status" and "last_status_change"

- Delete those devices: https://portal.domotz.com/developers/#deletedevice

I hope this is helpful in the short term.

Jayce

Thanks for the tips. I didn't saw the sort option by last status change, it will be very helpful.

For the API, I will look at it. Maybe I can try something with that. :)