Ruckus icx7150

YOTTA

Hello, 

We are trying to use the network topology feature. 

The managed switches in the network are ruckus icx7150 , icx7450 , SZ-S124 and H320 access points.

As per the data sheet those devices support RFC 4188 and SNMP v2c , however we are not able to see the network topology. 

Please advise...

Best Regards, 

We have several customers using the Automatic Port mapping on Ruckus switches.

Have you verified that the SNMP is enabled on the switch, and that the Community Strings match between the switch and the configuration in Domotz, for that same device?

• 1 year later...

Do you have any additional information on this?  I have one switch connected to SNMP and I would really love the ability to turn POE on and off per port for the devices which are attached.  Is that possible?  Also, the switch does not show in network topology.  Any thoughts on why that might be?

Thank you!

On 2/8/2021 at 11:55 PM, WifiLA said:

Do you have any additional information on this?  I have one switch connected to SNMP and I would really love the ability to turn POE on and off per port for the devices which are attached.  Is that possible?  Also, the switch does not show in network topology.  Any thoughts on why that might be?

Thank you!

Hi WifilLA,

from your description, it is very likely that SNMP is either not enabled on your Ruckus switch, or that community strings do not match with Domotz. Can you check for instance if in Domotz, for that switch, you have the following fields populated?

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 9.49.13 AM.png

The above highlighted fields are read through SNMP, and it is available by default on all the devices supporting SNMP. If you don't see that field, it means either SNMP is not enabled, or community strings do not match, or Domotz Agent is not able to read SNMP from that device. We recommend using a Mib browser to test it.

On 2/16/2021 at 8:41 PM, WifiLA said:

Hi @Giancarlo,

Yes, I have those two fields in there.  Please see attached.

This particular Brocade/Ruckus is a ICX7250.  Do I potentially need a specific firmware?

icx.png

Thanks for the feedback. From the screenshot, it seems Domotz reads SNMP correctly out of the ICX device.

Would you mind connecting with our Support (support@domotz.com) and sharing access to your Agent? In this way our Engineering team can better understand what is going on.