Darkmatter5

Stuck in Resume Configuration!!

Darkmatter5

Hello,

I have agents I'm trying to install and every time I install the application on a new computer and I try to activate the agent it tells me "Resume Configuration" and doesn't allow me to create a new agent.  I thought that maybe I could resume the agent (hoping it would create a new one) then rename it the site I needed it for.  That just isn't happening.  What am I doing wrong?

I just simply install the agent and follow the wizard to set it up.

Thanks!

Giancarlo

When you use the same hardware to host the agent, it will resume the configuration for that Agent.

You can try to delete the Agent configuration from the Domotz Portal. In this way, when you install it and try to configure, it will start from scratch.

On the other hand, if you "resume" the agent, you should be able to change it name (still from the Portal).

I hope this helps.

Darkmatter5

Thanks for the reply!

I'm using small fanless mini computers to run the domotz agent on along with other agents we use.  It's the same make and model device, but a different computer all together.  If I let it resume the configuration it'll configure itself as the wrong location, merges the newly found devices and doesn't give me the ability to add a new agent.  I think it would be nice to allow the option to create a new agent along with resuming the configuration in this instance.  Is it possible to force a new agent rather than resuming an existing one?

Giancarlo

if I understood correctly, you are trying to Activate multiple (and different) Agents.

The resume is only proposed if the Hardware has the same MAC address. I assume that your hardware (fanless mini computers) they ALL appear on the network with the same MAC address (which is usually bad).

I would recommend investigating why they use all the same MAC address, and if you have a way to specify a different MAC address for each different physical hardware.

Darkmatter5

Your understanding is correct, however these are all physically different devices all with different MAC addresses.  However I just noticed that when I tried to active these two agent, they both have the same MAC addresses as you suspected.  Now I understand that the agent is run via a virtual machine.  Is it the virtual machine that is installed on these machines that needs to have it's MAC changed?

Thanks!

Giancarlo

From your description, I understand you are using a Window based agent. If this is the case, best would be that you install directly a Virtual Machine within the Windows computer and you leverage directly the Ubuntu image with the Domotz Agent.

Basically following the following instruction to create a VM on Virtual Box.

As a matter of fact, the Domotz Agent Windows installer create a VirtualBox instance running a VM with the Agent. 

You can install the Virtualbox and manage the VM by yourself, please download the following OVA to get the latest image version:

https://domotz-vm-images-temp.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/domotzpro-ubuntu-18.04.3-amd64-1.3.0-b010.ova

Note: the latest version of the image is always available in this JSON file: https://portal.domotz.com/assets/ubuntu-domotz-agent.json

This image is the same included into the Windows Installer. Once configured, to activate the Agent on the VM use the Domotz Pro app or connect to the VM port 3000 via a browser (http://<VM_IP>:3000).

Note the following:

VM CREDENTIALS
User: domotz
Password: domotz

In this case you will be allowed to change the MAC on each different machine to a different one.